Grandpa and Grandma were so wonderful and such gracious hosts. We had a great time with them.
We were able to take the dotter's to all the places we used to love and show them a glimpse our lives pre-dotters. (We lived downtown which was really fun.) We also had a chance to visit some REED family history sites which was so interesting. We spent a day in this sweet little town that Grandpa grew up in; Floyd, VA. It was nice just to have some down time after our exciting stay in NYC.
Top 5 things about Southwest VA
1. Visiting Floyd and going to this amazing old cemetery in the middle of a cow field. Nat' great grandfather is buried there. Really old graves some dating back to 1700's. Just a cool place.
2. Visiting the Floyd Country Store and getting refreshments. Just a fun, laid back place.
3. Visiting one of our oldest and dearest friends. Ernie Zulia.....he gave me one of my first professional theatre jobs and I worked as his production stage manager on many shows he directed. He is now a chair of a theatre department at a private liberal arts university.
4. Many Historic and iconic spots that I have always loved.......
|One of my all time favorite restaurants!! Ate there 2 times when we were there.|
|Nat and I loved this hike. It was fun to take the girls.|
|The Historic Farmer's Market. One of the oldest in the country.|
|I have always loved this sign. Always.....|
|All the charming old spots.|
5. Grandpa Reed taking the girls bungee jumping (the safe kind.) They are still talking about it.
We had so much fun visiting Grandpa and Grandma and old friends. We love VA and can't wait to go back!
Stay tuned for Part 3! (I promise the last of the vacation posts.)
****If you haven't heard we are having our last Fleaology sale of the season on September 2 and 3. We are going to have a small gift for all blog followers who come to the sale. We also are having a giveaway starting tomorrow (even if you are out of town you can enter), so become a follower of :
Come visit us!!