Saturday, October 30, 2010

Artful Thursday on Saturday (ughhh!!)


Okay, so the trying to post something on Thursday night for Artful Thursday didn't happen. But I will not give up so here is my Artful Thursday project (which was done on Thursday, thank-you very much, just not posted until Saturday.) I saw something similar to this project on another blog and it just spoke to me. It brings together so many things I love, wreaths, vintage "stuff", birds and Christmas. So here it is:

I thought that it turned out really cute. It's not really hard, just takes some time, (especially wrapping the yarn around the straw wreath) and collecting the vintage items and putting it all together.


Closeup of the wreath
So I loved making the wreath, and decided to make another Christmas Bird decoration. This time I used an old bobbin I picked up at the antique mall. (Thanks Rosie for the great deal on them!) I am going to add a little Joyeux Noel banner to it.
The closeup:

Pretty cute huh? So I'm going to be selling these beauties at the Beehive Bazaar. Mark you calendar for the first weekend in December. It is the best craft show in Utah and I love being a vendor there.

These projects have definitely got me in the holiday spirit and I'm looking forward to Christmas decorating. Hope you are having a creative week!

***Come back next week and see Bronwyn's darling sock monkey Halloween costume our costume designer friend Kelsey made.

1 comment:

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

I love these wreaths! I also love the idea of the chalkboard inside the old frame. I might have to "borrow" that idea...so delightful! (*_*)