Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Little Drama Queen


We are a theatre family. Nat and I do it for a living. Needless to say, the girls have spent many hours in dark theatres as we have worked. I think the theatre bug has bitten them and they like to do a few shows of their own. The Lehi Arts Council has a wonderful musical theatre program for children and our kids love to participate. Recently, Brooklyn was cast as Berloiz in "Aristocats". Now I know what you are thinking....Berloiz is a boy cat. This is true but like most theatre around here, there is always an abundance of women, and not so many men. The wonderful director, Tiffany decided to make Berloiz a girl. It was fun to work with Brooklyn, she actually had a few lines and we borrowed Dad's tape recorder and she and I said the lines into recorder. She then could listen to them over and over again. (Which was great so Mom didn't have to say them over and over again.) As you can see from the pictures, she is adorable and did a great job. These are pictures of her with two of her really good friends, who were also in the musical. Deep down inside I love that my kids love theatre. It's something that we can all do as a family. It inspires confidence, self esteem and brainpower. Now, Brooklyn may never end up on Broadway, but she will always be a star to me!

No comments: