Tuesday, February 7, 2012

3rd Annual Galentine Party=Fun&Cookies




I had a great time planning this year's party. People always ask me, "How do you have the time?" I've come to realize we make time for the things we love. I love to entertain, I love to decorate and I love to craft, so throwing a party is somewhat of a really fun hobby for me.

This year like all the year's previous, it was a cookie exchange. I love cookie exchanges, but Christmas is to hard for me to throw a party, so a Valentine party seems perfect.


This year for decorations I had lots of PINTEREST  inspiration. I am like totally addicted to that site.

I love the traditional colors of Valentine's Day, red, white and pink, but I wanted a little twist thrown in so I added this beautiful aqua color. I draped this rope across the living room and added vintage pom poms, white lanterns and red and aqua tissue paper poufs. I also used clothes pins to pin up red heart dollies.


I made the fabric banner, by ripping strips of fabric and knotting them onto rope. It was a big color punch. The burlap banner that reads BE MINE was bought on VERYJANE.com, she is also an etsy seller.


Everyone brings their cookies and I thought it would be fun to display them around the room. I set out all my platters and had them write on a little card what kind of cookie they made and who it was that made it.


I love to give little favors to my friends as a reminder of the party and this year I was inspired by these sweet vintage jelly jars that my friend Cathie had in her antique booth at TREASURES. She gave me a great deal on them and I filled them with valentine m&m's and decorated the top with vintage flowers, ribbon and lace. I stuck little toothpick tags that read Be Mine. (I purchased those at Hobby Lobby.)


I also got these cute bags with Be Mine Toppers at Hobby Lobby and put in some jelly bellies.
 

Brunch was simple, I love the FARM CHICKS recipes for an egg casserole and potato casserole. Throw in some fresh fruit and chicken salad rolls and you have a great brunch.


I bought these adorable milk bottles and straws, because what could be cuter than milk with your cookies?


Love tulips, my favorite flower.


My dear friend CATHIE COX (who is a real photographer!) took all these wonderful photos. My other bestie, PAULA PERKINS took photos of the guests that I will share in another post. Thanks you two!
Cathie also made a sweet banner out of a vintage cutter quilt and vintage pom poms. (See the picture of the brunch, it is hanging behind the tulips.)


After cookies and conversation we headed up to make the craft.  I loved this idea of 52 reasons I love you and my guests all made this sweet book out of a deck of cards for someone special in their lives.
Thanks Lisa for all your graphic help!


Of course, I have the most awesome friends and it was a joy to spend some time with them. Come back to see pictures of my GALENTINES in the next post!








4 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't know how you do it-something new all the time! Love the decorations & colors. You need to post your pictures on Pinterest so people start pinning your party.

Marci said...

thank you again for inviting me! it made me feel special that YOU would invite ME to a party.:D you are adorable and i can't wait to get to know you better and better.:D
AND the party was INCREDIBLE!

Cameron said...

I so wish I was there!! What a beautiful party!!
All the details, treats and food looked positively incredible!!

You should submit this to that new Stampington Mag Mingle! Truly gorgeous!

Marianne said...

Ah. I wish I could have come. Stupid Relief Society Meeting.