Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Moonlight Ride


I'm sure some of you that read my blog (and my friends who do read it) think I craft, decorate, party and go junking all the time.  :) I do spend a lot of time doing these activities, but sometimes it's nice to set that all aside and go out into the beautiful outdoors.

We are lucky that we live in one of the most beautiful states ever! UTAH!!!If you have never been, consider yourself personally invited! We happen to live very close to Provo Canyon, where the world famous Sundance is located. It is about 15 minutes from our driveway to the resort. I found out quite recently that Sundance hosts Full moon rides on their ski lift. Nat and I thought it would be a fun outing for the dotters. It was chilly, but we snuggled together and kept warm. The moon was so bright! It was like a spotlight had been pointed at the mountains for us to see. It was such a cool way to see this stunning scenery. I took a few pictures (not so great; photographing by moonlight is pretty hard.) The dotter's had fun saying hello to the other cars as we passed each other in the darkness.

And we had a great time as a family.

2 comments:

Cameron said...

The Canyons and Parks of Utah are definately on our list of places to visit! The trouble is that when we travel (during the Summer) we always choose to go hide from the heat up in Oregon...haha!

Maybe we could do a Spring Break, there?
I've heard it is spectacular!

Looks like fun for the family, too :)

Marci said...

i did not know about this!!
that sounds sooo cool!!