Monday, January 31, 2011

Estate and Thrift Love


So, this Friday I got to do one of my favorite things....checking out some estate sales and thrift stores. Now those of you who know me are probably thinking what is so special about that? Well, Bronwyn begged me to go and I gave in, school was skipped and Bronwyn went to her first estate sale. She was beyond excited and had a great time.


We were joined by my friend Paula who is an awesome antiques dealer.
***Paula, Bronwyn and Me

So Paula, Bronwyn and I piled into the van for the trip to Salt Lake. We ran into our other friend Cathie (who went to high school with Madonna, I just had to tell you that) who is also an wonderful antique dealer. Cathie took us to a Salvation Army thrift store in SLC we had never been to. Found lots of great stuff. At the end of the day and a Cafe Rio lunch, Bronwyn proclaimed that it was "the best day of her life!" Ohhh.....she is truly my girl!!!



So I'm going to share some fun finds:

***Found lots of great vintage jewelry for my junk necklaces, and some cool vintage glass doorknobs from the 30's.

So I'm getting ready for my Valentine's Party and I always like to have some fun giveaways for my friends, I made this cute Valentine wreath this week. Look at my previous post to see the one I made for my house.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i love give-aways!

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. That Sally Ann store is really great! I have found alot of super neat stuff there! ~Stacy~ xo