Monday, August 23, 2010

The Move

We have had a really busy summer. So busy in fact that I have had no time to blog about all our adventures. I'm going to take the next few weeks to catch up on everything we did, and post a few pics too.

First big accomplishment this summer was.....WE MOVED!

Yes we finally moved from Lehi to Orem. Basically about 20 miles south from are old house. A few things about the move. We found a house we really love. It is much more our style and personality. When friends come over they say this feels more like you.....and it does. Also it is a gem of a neighborhood. We have fallen in love. It is a really well established neighborhood with 3 beautiful private parks and a neighborhood pool. Our neighbors are all lovely and so welcoming. We really feel blessed to have found the house. The other thing is it is 3 miles from where Nat works and about 8 minutes to BYU. I feel our quality of life has improved immensely because we are not on the freeway (which they are tearing up) anymore.

So as a lot of you know I love to decorate and so I'm showing off so pics of the new house. First up is kitchen and living room. We just really like this layout. Also being the collector I am our "stuff" fits really nicely.

I love this room. Great for reading. I'm loving white a lot right now. The coffee table is an old bench that I found. This is also a great room for all my vintage white pottery.
We have this great wall in our living room that I can put all my vintage gold mirrors. Most of these mirror were thrift or consignment shop finds.
Most know I am a major vintage dish and glass collector. Now we have a great clean way to access them. We use this stuff all the time. Again we painted the wall white so all the wonderful color would pop.
My beloved bench with that new Utah pillow I picked up from Frosty Darling at Craft Lake City. Pretty cute.

I will post pics of the dotter's rooms soon. We painted and decorated and they turned out really cute. Also did some fun things in the family room. More to come......

3 comments:

The Lucky One said...

oh my gosh! you are such an inspiration to me! i can't wait to see the rest of it!

Lisa said...

Oooh - I love it! I am very called to spaces that ooze the selves of those who inhabit it. I love how you have everything that you love surrounding you! (Can I say "love" anymore? Eh, sure - LOVE it!) :)

Pretty Things said...

Oh man, SUCH my style! You need to email me your new address, please!!!